October 15-16 2019, Berlin
The Climate Opportunity 2019 conference is dedicated to “Co-Benefits for Just Energy Futures” and will take place in Berlin on 15 and 16 October 2019. The conference comes between the Climate Week NYC and COP25 in Santiago and will explore the socio-economic potentials of ambitious climate protection that are gaining political and social relevance:
- How can the co-benefits of renewable energy raise the ambition of NDCs in order to deliver on the Paris Agreement?
- How can these social and economic opportunities contribute to the sustainable development goals (SDGs) and facilitate a just transition?
- What political leverage points do we have to maximise health benefits and opportunities for employment and economic prosperity?
- What are the best available tools to assess co-benefits in your country?
Together with international experts from science, public administration, politics, the private sector, and civil society, these and other questions will be addressed at the two-day conference. The first day will present the latest research on co-benefits and has a strong focus on policies and institutional frameworks. The second day is targeted at a scientific audience and will discuss assessment tools and methodologies.
What to expect:
• New results of co-benefits assessments on employment, health, energy access and energy security from several countries, including South Africa, Turkey, Vietnam, India and Mexico;
• Debate on how best to carry out co-benefits assessments and use the results to create an enabling policy and institutional framework;
• Networking and sharing experiences with scientists, politicians and civil society actors from around the world;
• Innovative conference formats and special acts;
• Cutting-edge venue at the Futurium in central Berlin.
More information will soon be available on the project website: www.cobenefits.info.